Cipher's geographic waterfall analysis presents a novel view on how companies prioritise where they patent.
Analyse the patenting strategy of various patent portfolios and gain a deeper understanding of their approach to national, regional and global patent protection.
What will I find in a Territory Waterfall report?
- Number of members / granted territories per patent family e.g. 450 families with 2 members.
- Percentage of families with a grant (or application) in a jurisdiction e.g. 95% of families with 2 members have a US grant.
- Territories are displayed in order of frequency (high to low) to quickly identify geographies of interest and filing strategy
- Analysis can include multiple portfolios, with an option to also see filing strategy per cluster.
What questions will this report answer for me?
- What is the company strategy for filing for patents?
- Are there different strategies for filing different technologies?
- Does a company prioritise when filing in a specific country, and is this strategy the same when filing in other territories?
- How many applications and grants are in each country?
What can I do with the output?
See an example analysis of the Territory Waterfall output here
Try for yourself:
Need some help?