What is a Keyword Search?
A Keyword Search will help you to identify the patents in a particular technology space and who owns them, as well as understand the activity of established players and new entrants.
Starting a new Keyword Search
You can create a Keyword Search by clicking 'Start' to generate a new report, or by using the 'Quick Keyword Search':
- Click 'Start' to create a new report and click 'Switch to Keyword Search' OR start by using the 'Quick Keyword Search' function
- Enter a search phrase using keywords and Boolean Operators
Tip: Click 'See guide', located underneath the text-box to view a full list of search fields and operators (or view this in the suggested articles below).
- Click 'Search' to view patent families returned from your search string
- Click 'Add' to include these into your report
- Click 'Next' where you will have the option to name your report, select the clustering, grouping and 'Run report'
By grouping the patents that form part of your search string, Cipher will present separate organisations that own the patents found from your search query.
When deselecting ‘group by owner’, Cipher will generate a report that will display patent families as part of one single portfolio.
- How to construct a Boolean search query
- How to construct a keyword search query
- Selecting Clustering for a Keyword Search
- What is a quick Keyword Search?
- Cipher Advanced Search Guide
Need help? Request support and we'll connect you with a Cipher expert.
Can't wait? Contact us on 02039099222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org