Cipher will present a maximum of twenty technology clusters. However, if a group of patent families creates more than twenty clusters, Cipher will show the top nine and group the remaining clusters into ‘miscellaneous’.
How can I see the technology clusters that are are included under 'Miscellaneous'?
- After creating a report, select the chart: Portfolio Size > Active patent families, by organisation and technology
- Ensure that the 'miscellaneous' technology cluster is selected in the report.
- Click on the 'miscellaneous' cluster from the chart
- This will bring up the underlying data from the chart
- Click 'Options' and 'create a new report'
A new report will be generated from the filtered data (i.e. only miscellaneous) in the original report. The new report will show smaller technology clusters grouped under 'Miscellaneous'.
- How are clusters generated and named?
- Unrelated technology cluster
- Selecting clustering for an organisation search
Need help? Request support and we'll connect you with a Cipher expert.
Can't wait? Contact us on 02039099222 or email email@example.com