This report allows you to upload a list of patent numbers and tag to your own technology cluster name, and portfolio/organisation name. It may be that you have an internal naming system for patents within your portfolio.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this report type.
What are technology clusters?
A Cipher technology cluster is a grouping of patent families relating to the same technical area. Technology clusters are based on 'features' or meta-data points, including: CPC codes, citations, title and abstract.
How are technology cluster names determined?
Cipher Cluster names are machine generated, by reference to the title and abstract. The Clusters are given a name that most closely describes all patent families in the Cluster using text summarisation, and natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
How to customise the names of the technology clusters:
Use the Custom Clustered report if you would like to customise the names of the technology clusters. This may be that you have an internal naming system for patents within your portfolio, or you may want to share a Cipher report internally/externally with customised cluster names.
1. Open a spreadsheet with the Cipher family IDs in one column, and the corresponding (customised) technology name in another. You can also choose to include an additional column with the name of the portfolio/organisation
2. Copy all of the data onto the clipboard. The patent numbers can be a combination of grants and applications.
3. Click 'Upload' from the Custom Clustered Report tile on the Cipher home page (Please contact email@example.com for access)
4. Paste the patent numbers and/or technology and/or portfolio name into the text box
5. Click 'Upload' and name your report
Need help? Request support and we'll connect you with a Cipher expert.
Can't wait? Contact us on 02039099222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org