Cipher's natural clustering will break down portfolio(s) into technology clusters. You can analyse a specific cluster in more detail by breaking it down into 'sub-clusters'.
1. From your report, filter your results. Select the portfolio of interest and the technology you want to separate
2. Go to the Data: Patent families list view. This view will show you all patent families that reflect your filtered results i.e. from the image above, the patent families list view will show you the number of patent families that fall into the one technology cluster selected
3. Create a new report. Click 'Options' and 'Create new report'. Cipher will create sub-clusters from the filtered results.
- How technology clusters are determined and names
- Explore the miscellaneous technology cluster
- Explore the unrelated technology cluster
Need help? Request support and we'll connect you with a Cipher expert.
Can't wait? Contact us on 02039099222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org